Date: 16-19 October 2018
Location: Port Vila, Vanuatu
On October 16-19, the Understanding Risk Finance Pacific Forum took place in Port Vila, Vanuatu, bring together policymakers, financial risk managers, and development partners from the region and around the world, to strengthen regional collaboration on climate and disaster risk finance in the Pacific.
URf Pacific was co-organized by the Government of Vanuatu – Ministry of Finance and Economic Management (MFEM) and the World Bank’s Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance Program (DRFIP) as part of the PCRAFI Program, which supports regional efforts to strengthen the financial resilience of PICs through generous contributions from Canada, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
With over 4 days of discussions and in-depth trainings, more than 20 technical, policy and interactive training session, URf-Pacific offered a platform to explore the challenges and opportunities of managing disaster risk in Pacific Island Countries (PICs) and Small Island States more broadly. Click here to review and download the program booklet.
- URf was the first ever regional event on disaster risk finance in the Pacific
- Over 200 participants from more than 35 countries
- Delegations from 13 PICs, including 7 Ministers of Finance
- 12 technical sessions, 3 plenaries, 4 training sessions, 2 side events and 1 site visit
- Key themes: understanding risk and building financial resilience
- Official launch of DRF in the Pacific e-learning course
URf Pacific was co-organized by the Government of Vanuatu – Ministry of Finance and Economic Management (MFEM) and the World Bank’s Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance Program (DRFIP).