Understanding Risk Finance Pacific Forum | Vanuatu | October 2018
Please click out the post-event page here!
From October 16-19th, the Understanding Risk Finance Pacific forum will take place in Port Vila, Vanuatu, bringing together policymakers, financial risk managers, and development partners, from the region and around globe, to strengthen regional collaboration on climate and disaster risk finance in the Pacific. URf Pacific will offer a platform to explore the challenges and opportunities of managing disaster risk in Pacific Island Countries (PICs), and Small Island States more broadly.
URf Pacific is co-organized by the Government of Vanuatu – Ministry of Finance and Economic Management (MFEM) and the World Bank’s Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance Program (DRFIP) and is part of the PCRAFI Program, which supports regional efforts to strengthen the financial resilience of PICs through generous contributions from Canada, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Over four days of discussions and in-depth trainings, more than 20 technical, policy and interactive training sessions will showcase innovative approaches in government action, community engagement, and private sector solutions, focusing on two core themes:
- Understanding Risk: improving the way risk information is gathered, analyzed, and communicated to better manage disaster risk
- Building Financial Resilience: planning ahead to better manage the financial and humanitarian impacts of disasters
- Strengthen collaboration on climate and disaster risk finance among Pacific Island Countries, and across Small Island States
- Provide opportunities for knowledge exchange among countries and between regional organizations
- Capture best practices and identify areas for collaboration on disaster risk finance and insurance among PICs and with global partners
Check out the latest technical program, keynotes, and training. (Preliminary Agenda)
Registration & Queries:
Hotel Reservations & Discounted Group Rates:
To take advantage of the discounted hotel rates, email yourcompleted reservation form before September 28th.
|Hotel||Rate(s)||Email to:||Reservation Form|
Warwick **SOLD OUT!**
(Main Hotel & Conference Center)
(Partner hotel; complementary transportation is provided, 5-10 min drive)