[Understanding Risk Forum 2020] Understanding Risk Financing and Assessment: Living Case Studies
On December 2, Crisis and Disaster Risk Finance team hosted a community session – Understanding Risk Financing and Assessment: Living Case Studies, as part of Understanding Risk Virtual Forum 2020. The session convened experts and practitioners from the World Bank, Bureau of the Treasury in the Philippines, Southeast Asia Disaster Risk Insurance Facility (SEADRIF), and Oxford Policy Management featuring short ignite presentations paired with living case studies on the various topics of Risk Financing and Assessment.
- Understanding Risk Finance and Assessment, presented by Sumati Rajput, Financial Sector Specialist, CDRF, FCI Global Practice, WBG
- Financial Risk Management of Public Assets, presented by Benedikt Signer, Program Coordinator, CDRF, FCI Global Practice, WBG
- Case Study: The Philippines Perspective, presented by Shannen Nicole Chua, Treasury Operations Officer, Bureau of the Treasury, the Philippines
- SEADRIF Update and Future Programs, presented by Gary Rynsard, Executive Director and Board Member, SEADRIF Insurance Company
- Case Study: SEADRIF Flood Risk Monitoring Tool, presented by Cathy Ansell, Financial Sector Specialist, CDRF, FCI Global Practice, WBG
- Data on Public Spending, presented by Tatiana Skalon, Disaster Risk Finance Specialist, CDRF, FCI Global Practice, WBG
- Case Study: COVID-19 Expenditure Analysis, presented by Stephanie Allan, Senior Public Finance Management (PFM) Specialist, Oxford Policy Management
- Telling Your Risk Financing Story, presented by Kaavya Krishna, Training and Knowledge Lead, CDRF, Finance, Competitiveness and Innovation (FCI) Global Practice, WBG
The session attracted over 85 attendees who also had the opportunity to join the breakout sessions and have focused technical discussions with presenters. Please click here & here to access the recording and the presentation slides.