Disaster Risk Finance at COP27: A Look Back at the Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance Program's Engagements at the Conference
The 2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference or Conference of the Parties of the UNFCCC (COP27) was held from November 6–November 20, 2022, in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. The Disaster Risk Financing and Insurance (DRFI) Program pledged its support to tackling the climate crisis and disaster risk finance at the recently concluded COP27 in several ways.
Click on the links below to learn more:
- 1.6 million pastoralists in the Horn of Africa to benefit from a regional scheme to protect against drought
- [COP27 Event Recap] A mix of policy reforms and customized financial instruments is key to effective and sustained financial protection
- World Bank Group Launches Global Shield Financing Facility to Help Developing Countries Adapt to Climate Change
- WFP, UK, Germany and World Bank come together to expand risk financing for communities vulnerable to climate shocks
- New Consortium to Support Disaster and Financial Solutions for Smallholder Farmers in Central America